The Strategic Centre
From our subsidised gym to the lecture theatre and grounds, Radbroke Hall is a hidden gem in the heart of the Cheshire countryside and home to our 3,200-strong team.
The work we do
Here’s where you’ll find the Technology Office, Architecture and Strategy, Technology Quality and Risk, and our Global Infrastructure & Service Delivery teams. The work they do includes the asset and configuration management inventory associated with Windows servers, desktops, laptops, BlackBerries and Network printers; making sure that software deployments are appropriately licensed, and seeing that we use our asset and configuration information effectively to manage our estate.
The teams have been involved in a huge range of projects, such as a global Microsoft licensing strategy review, the creation of Management Information and Reporting to track progress of Distributed Engineering’s virtualisation programme, and the creation of new tariffs to internally charge users of the platforms provided by Distributed Engineering.
What it’s like to work here
Over the last 4-5 years, we’ve made significant investment in both the working environment and facilities at Radbroke Hall, including the creation of a state-of-the-art auditorium for conferences and presentations, a new health and fitness centre, and a full refurbishment of the restaurant and catering facilities. We spent £15m on it in 2010 alone.
Rewards and Benefits
We know what it takes to attract the best people, and that the chance to work alongside experts in the field and develop your own expertise in a multi-million facility is just part of the reward. Our commitment to training means you’re always equipped for the next new challenge and to further your career development. In addition to this, Barclays employees can also enjoy the following rewards and benefits:
- Market competitive basic salary
- Territorial allowances where appropriate
- Car Scheme
- Discretionary Compensation Award
- A Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Scheme
- Give As You Earn Scheme – any pre-tax salary donations to charity will be matched by Barclays
- Matched Fundraising – Barclays match any personal charity fundraising up to £750 (up to three times a year)
- Two types of company share schemes; a Save As You Earn (SAYE) Share Option Scheme, and also a Share Purchase Scheme, where Barclays match your shares
- Childcare Savings – tax-advantaged saving, all UK employees who are parents or legal guardians are eligible
- Bike for Work – tax-efficient bike purchase in 12-month instalments, scheme open twice a year
- Generous holidays